· Simple – syntax is based on C++. Simple to write codes
· Object – oriented – all the programs are written in classes and object which supports code reuse ability
· Platform Independent - any OS which has Java Virtual Machine can run Java bytecode
· Secured – as programs can be run on JVM, it is secure. No explicit pointer is required.
· Robust – automatic garbage collection, exception handling, type checking mechanism makes Java robust
· Architecture neutral – implementation dependent features are not there
· Portable – can run java bytecode on any platform
- Multi – threaded – allows multiple programs to run simultaneously sharing memory